Are there tricks for donning support and compression stockings without a donning aid?
There is a special technique for donning compression stockings (arm sleeves, support stockings, thrombosis prophylaxis stockings) quickly and correctly.
- Don your stockings first thing in the morning.
- Use rubber gloves, such as those from medi.
- Smooth fingernails that are filed to rounded edges prevent the stocking material from being damaged.
- Put protruding rings on your fingers only after donning the stockings.
- Manicured, smooth heels and toenails prevent the stocking material from being damaged.
- Avoid wrinkling and overstretching the material by distributing the fabric evenly across the leg.
- Do not don your medical stockings just by pulling the fabric upwards in one go, but pull it and spread it out in stages.
- Avoid pulling up the compression fitting too high by ensuring that the stockings fit correctly: Knee stockings up to two centimetres under the hollow of the knee / thigh stockings up to two centimetres under the fold of the buttocks.
Your local medical supply store will be happy to show you how to don your compression stockings correctly and easily.
Instruction video: How to don medical compression stockings correctly
Donning compression stockings: Step by step instructions
1. Reach into the compression stocking and grasp the heel.
2. Turn the compression stocking inside out at the heel.
3. Pull the compression stocking over your foot to the heel.
4. Hold the fabric of the outer layer at the middle of the foot.
5. Lift the fabric up over your heel.
6. Use both hands again to grasp the material that is hanging down.
7. Distribute the fabric evenly over your calf and in stages up to your knee.
8. Now lift the fabric over the knee.
9. Überprüfen Sie den kompletten Kompressionsstrumpf oder die Strumpfhose auf ihren richtigen Sitz.
How do I don my flat knit medical arm sleeve correctly?
How do I don my round knit medical arm sleeve correctly?
Product tip: Donning and doffing aids from medi
Now donning is even easier with the medi donning aids. If medically necessary, the doctor can prescribe a donning aid. All information about the donning and doffing aids for compression stockings from medi, including videos and instructions.