Frequently asked questions about thrombosis prophylaxis
Here you will find your answers to the most frequently asked questions about medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings in general and about mediven thrombexin from medi in particular
Simply click on the question that interests you and you will receive the corresponding answer. If you can't find the answer here, mail us your question and we'll be pleased to answer it.
- How long should a patient wear medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings?
- When should thrombosis prophylaxis stockings be worn?
- Does the size system for medi's stockings provide a wide enough range of sizes?
- Why don't medi's thigh-length medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings and anti-embolism garments have different lengths?
Composition and action
- How does the antibacterial toe in mediven thrombexin 18 work?
- Do medi's medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings and anti-embolism garments contain latex?
- Do knee socks have the same prophylactic effect as thigh-length stockings?
- Compared with other stockings, the texture of mediven thrombexin 18 is very soft. Is this garment even capable of exerting the required compression?
- Do medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings trigger allergic reactions?
- Are those patches of red skin that develop particularly often at the upper cuff allergic reactions?
Risk and treatment
- What aids (scores) are there to help calculate a patient's individual risk of thrombosis?
- Are physiotherapeutic measures (e.g. physical exercises) sufficient as a thrombosis prophylaxis?
- Are medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings necessary at all, if the patient is being treated with heparin?