medi Epibrace is an epicondylitis brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the muscle base and only on unbroken skin.
Reduction of stress to the affected muscle and tendon attachments in the elbow due to pressure pad
How does it work?/Mode of action
During longer periods of rest (e.g. when
sleeping) you should take the medi Epibrace
Open the strap on the brace and lie it down, fully unrolling it, in front of you. Position your forearm on the brace with your palm facing upwards so that the light grey positioning mark on the pad is positioned on the side that English you feel pain. Then attach the pad to the positioning mark so that the tip of the pad is parallel to the elbow joint. Example: If you have tennis elbow (Epicondylitis humeri radialis) in your right arm, the positioning mark should now be on the right side of your right arm.
Thread the strap through the plastic loop and attach the fastening. The distance between the edge of the fastening and the outer elbow should be approx. 3 cm when the elbow is bent.
Refer to the table for guidance values on how tight the fastening can be done up. Your forearm circumference (measured 5 cm below the elbow joint) should be used as the reference value. Tighten the strap until you attain the value shown on the chart. You can adjust the pressure according to your wishes.
The clasp should now be firmly positioned on your arm, without slipping or constricting the arm. Form a fist with your hand. You should be able to feel your muscle under the pad. When your muscles are relaxed, the brace should sit against the pad without a noticeable feeling of pressure.
In principle, the product should be used in accordance with medical supervision and should be fitted by a trained specialist, i.e. an orthopaedic technician, the first time that you put it on. If you wish to use other products with this product, then this should be discussed and agreed with your GP.
If your arm or hand becomes numb, loosen the aid or remove it if necessary. If your condition persists, consult a doctor.
Polyester, polyamide, polyurethane, polypropylene
Hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can causeskin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Epicondylitis (e.g. tennis or golfer‘s elbow)
- No side effects have been reported to date. In the following circumstances you should consult your doctor before use:
- Disorders or injuries of the skin in the area where the product is used, above all in case of signs of inflammation (excessive heat, swelling or reddening).
- Sensory or circulatory disturbances of the forearm or the hand.
- Disorders of lymphatic drainage and swelling of unclear origin of the soft tissues distal to the elbow.
- Impingement syndrome (pressure irritation of the nerves supplying the arm).
- If you have a known history of contact allergy or tenderness to pressure, you should wear a thin cotton armsleeve under the medi Epibrace as a preventive measure. In principle, supports or braces that fit too tightly to or around the body can cause local pressure phenomena or, more rarely, to constriction of blood vessels or nerves.
- If you have a known history of contact allergy or tenderness to pressure, you should wear a thin cotton armsleeve under the medi Epibrace as a preventive measure. In principle, supports or braces that fit too tightly to or around the body can cause local pressure phenomena or, more rarely, to constriction of blood vessels or nerves
medi Epibrace instructions for use 1.51 MB
How to use our medi Epibrace epicondylitis supports. Date of issue: until April 2018.
medi Epibrace instructions for use 5.17 MB
How to use our medi Epibrace epicondylitis supports. Date of issue: until June 2018.
medi Epibrace instructions for use 4.96 MB
How to use our medi Epibrace. Date of issue: from June 2018.
Epibrace instructions for use 0.00 B
How to use our medi Epibrace. date of issue: until March 2019.
Epibrace instructions for use 0.00 B
How to use our medi Epibrace. date of issue: from March 2019.
medi shoulder and elbow range 0.00 B
Mon. to Thu. 08.00-17.00
- +49 921 912-0
- +49 921 912-783