Phase 2: Transition
Following intensive therapy, some patients may benefit from a transition phase, where results achieved during the decongestion phase can be optimized before moving on to the maintenance phase.
The transition period may be helpful to:
- maximise the effects of intensive therapy and stabilise fluctuations in swelling to an individually acceptable level
- prevent rebound swelling on transfer to compression hosiery
- evaluate long-term maintenance strategies
- support and facilitate self management
- reduce practitioner input
- ciraid juxtafit products are able to cover those needs.
Again, the patient can independently don and doff the circaid juxtafit device immediately, instilling a level of indepencence. The adjustable circaid juxtafit products encourage patient empowerment.