Effective and individual compression therapy for the decongestion phase in the treatment of leg lymphoedema
The circaid reduction kit leg is a customisable and individually adjustable compression garment for the initial decongestion phase in leg lymphoedema. The different components create a customised solution that drives decongestion and enables patient participation from the first day.
circaid reduction kit leg consists of the following components:
- lower leg garment
- knee piece
- upper leg garment
The different components are customised to the unique cicrumferences and limb shapes of the patient. As the volume decreases circaid reduction kit can be easily adjusted and trimmed to the new measurements.
Thanks to the integrated Built-In-Tension System (BTS) the patient is able to control and readjust the tension level - for a consistent compression therapy and effective decongestion.
For the decongestion of foot lymphoedema please consider circaid customizable interlocking foot wrap.
(1) Mosti G et al. Adjustable compression wrap devices are cheaper and more effective than inelastic bandages for venous leg ulcer healing. A Multicentric Italian Randomized Clinical Experience. Phlebology 2020;35(2):124-133.
(2) Stather PW et al. Review of adjustable velcro wrap devices for venous ulceration. In Wound J 2019. DOI: 10.1111/iwj.13116; Epub ahead of print.
(3) Protz K et al. Comparison of handling, pressure and wearing comfort of different compression edvices for decongestion therapy. Veins and Lymphatics 2018;7:7989:137-138.
(4) Lymphoedema Framework. Best Practice for the Management of Lymphoedema.International consensus. London: MEP Ltd, 2006.
(5) Damstra R et al. Prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing the effectiveness of adjustable compression Velcro wraps versus inelastic multicomponent
compression bandages in the initial treatment of leg lymphedema. Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders 2013;1:13–19. 10.1016/j.jvsv.2012.05.001.
- Easy and time saving handling – simple donning and doffing
- Adjustable sizes – garment is initially fitted to the patient´s individual circumferences and limb shape
- Ability to reduce size of garment as the limb volume decreases
- Built-In-Tension System (BTS) to set, control and re-adjust the correct therapeutic tension level – enables consistent compression and effective decongestion
- Re-adjustability of the individual bands avoids pressure loss and thus sliding down of the garment – supporting oedema reduction effectively (1,2)
- Breathe-O-Prene: breathable and inelastic material with high wall-stability for high working pressure
- Latex-free, odour-inhibiting material with anti-bacterial effect
- Easy handling – time-saving and less susceptible to error (3)
- Compression therapy – essential part of the complex lymphoedema therapy (4)
- Faster reduction of lymphoedema (5)
- Increased patient-adherence: 94.6 % of the users experience the wearing comfort as pleasant (3)
- Promotes self-management thanks to easy handling
The compression system is designed to provide compression to the leg for patients with venous and lymphatic disorders.
circaid reduction kit lower leg:
circaid reduction kit knee:
circaid reduction kit upper leg:
circaid reduction kit extension:
circaid reduction kit shelf strap:
- other forms of oedema
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Varicose veins
- Venous Stasis Ulcer
- Post Sclerotherapy
- Severe Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Uncontrolled Congestive Heart Failure
- Septic Phlebitis
- Phlegmasia Cerulea Dolens
- Untreated infection
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
- Suspected or known untreated acute DVT
- Mild to Moderate Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Impaired Sensation - must be able to sense applied pressure
- Intolerance to material(s)
- Pediatric & assisted use - must be able to sense & communicate applied pressure
circaid® reduction kit™ lower leg inelastic compression system instructions for use
How to use our circaid® reduction kit™ lower leg inelastic compression system.
circaid® reduction kit™ upper leg inelastic compression system instructions for use
How to use our circaid® reduction kit™ upper leg inelastic compression system.