Test winner amongst anti-embolism stocking
The requirement for effective thrombosis and oedema prophylaxis is the declining pressure gradient from distal to proximal. In a comparative test (1) mediven thrombexin 18 achieved the best results in terms of biomechanical properties, such as the pressure curve. The authors emphasise that the test winner is the anti-embolism stocking from medi. Only this stocking could fulfill all test criteria.(2)
(1) Wegener U et al. Biomechanische Charakterisierung von medizinischen Thromboseprophylaxestrümpfen (MTPS). Gefäßchirurgie 2013;5(18):278–286.
(2) Kraft M. Pressemeldung Medical Data Institute GmbH 2013: Experten wollen Nutzen von Medizinischen Thromboseprophylaxestrümpfen besser erforschen. Expertengruppe „Thromboseprophylaxe“ gibt erste Testergebnisse bekannt und kündigt weitere Untersuchungen an. Published online: www.presseportal.de/pm/79730/2473640 (last accessed 11.03.2019).
Anatomically knitted stocking with an exactly defined pressure gradient
Simple handling and time saving take the pressure off nursing staff and optimise patient care
Optimum care thanks to siliconen topband with size indicator
Velour inner surface to avoid decubitus
Inspection opening on the sole of the foot for simple monitoring of circulation and to reduce the risk of slipping and falling
Colour coded size system for quick and simple selection of the stocking size
Increased compliance thanks to high elasticity and the specially soft, skin friendly and active breathing knit
High efficiency thanks to multiple use
How does it work?/Mode of action
Immobile patients have special requirements during the hospital stay. Due to the inactivity of the calf muscle pump the speed of venous blood return to the heart decreases. This increases the risk of thrombosis and postoperative and posttraumatic oedema formation. Standardised compression with a graduated pressure gradient affect veins and tissue. This promotes blood flow back to the heart. This can reduce postoperative and posttraumatic oedema and effictively prevent thrombosis.
- Below-knee stocking
- Upper thigh-length stocking
18% elastane, 82% polyamide
- Physical thrombosis prophylaxis for immobile patients, pre-, intra- and post-operative
- Prevention of oedema and haematoma
- Post-partal mothers
- Bedridden patients
See our FAQ page for more help and information