The donning aid makes it easier to don medical arm sleeves
As the sleeve is pulled over the arm, only one hand is free. That can make donning an arm sleeve correctly a challenge because: The material has to be placed correctly and stretched at the same time. Donning arm sleeves with the medi Arm Butler becomes much easier.
Please also pay attention to the general notes for donning compression stockings.
Instruction videos: How to don compression stockings correctly using the Medi Arm Butler
medi Arm Butler: Step by step instructions
1. Slip the arm sleeve over the semi-circular cylinder. Please ensure that the seam is not exactly in the middle, but slightly off to one side.
- Arm sleeves for the right arm – seam off to the outside right (at about 4 o’clock)
- Arm sleeves for the left arm – seam off to the outside left (at about 8 o’clock)
2. Now lay the medi Arm Butler around your arm. To stabilise it, anchor the front angle against the front edge of the table.
3. Slide your hand into the opening. Remember to carefully hold the cuff of the arm sleeve on the Butler firmly with the other hand.
4. Now slide your arm evenly into the arm sleeve without twisting it.
5. Check once again that the arm sleeve is sitting properly and, if applicable, turn up the topband or attachment.