Effective compression treatment for venous leg ulcers
The adjustable compression device circaid juxtacures is an effective alternative to traditional compression bandaging. Thanks to the four interlacing bands with hook and loop fasteners the donning and doffing is very fast and simple. With the help of the integrated circaid Built-In-Pressure System (BPS) the required compression range can be adjusted and measured exactly. The ability to simply readjust the compression range during the day avoids a loss of pressure and thus prevents the device to slide down. This leads to a consistent and effective compression therapy improving decongestion of the venous oedema. Furthermore studies prove that with adjustable compression devices the healing rates of venous leg ulcers are faster compared to traditional compression bandaging (1, 2).
Additionally, circaid juxtacures offers time- and cost-savings:
- Cost reduction of wound dressings: 55.5 % (3)
- Cost reduction of compression material: 72.3 % (3)
- Reduction of nursing time: 60.0 % (3)
- Cost savings in treatment due to faster healing rates (1, 2)
Studies prove: ”adjustable compression devices represent a further advancement of compression therapy for VLUs [venous leg ulcers] treatment”.
(1) Mosti G et al. Adjustable compression wrap devices are cheaper and more effective than inelastic bandages for venous leg ulcer healing. A Multicentric Italian Randomized Clinical Experience. Phlebology 2019. DOI: 0.1177/0268355519858439; Epub ahead of print.
(2) Stather PW et al. Review of adjustable velcro wrap devices for venous ulceration. In Wound J 2019. DOI: 10.1111/iwj.13116; Epub ahead of print.
(3) Elvin S. Cost efficacy of using circaid juxtacures and UCS Debridement cloths. JCN 2015;29(2):62-65.
Simple donning and doffing
Increased therapy concordance of the patients: 94.6 % of the users state that the wearing comfort was pleasant (4)
Allows for wearing regular footwear (4)
Breathe-O-Prene: Breathable, odour-inhibiting material with antibacterial effect
Inelastic material with high working pressure
Adjustable size – can be adapted to patient-individual circumferences and leg shapes
Can be cut according to decreasing circumferences to always having an optimal fitted garment for the patient
Adjustable, measurable and readjustable compression ranges (20 – 30, 30 – 40, 40 – 50 mmHg)
Easy adjustable compression thanks to the circaid Built-In-Pressure System (BPS): 85 % of applications reached the targeted compression value after first product introduction (4)
Easy handling allows for self-management of the patient
Suitable for washing machine and tumble dryer
(4) Protz K et al. Kompressionsmittel für die Entstauungstherapie. Vergleichende Erhebung im Querschnitt zu Handhabung, Anpressdruck und Tragegefühl. Hautarzt 2018;69(3):232-241.
Please make sure to readjust the compression using the enclosed card of the Built-In-Pressure System (BPS). If pain occurs, remove the compression garment immediately. When properly applied, the bands overlap slightly, leaving no gaps. The hook and loop fasteners should not come in contact with the skin or the undersleeve.
The compression device can be washed on a gentle cycle and dried in a dryer at low heat. In this case, the product should be placed in a washing net to keep the hook and loop fasterners lint-free and not to damage other garments. Hand washing and dripping wet hanging will extend the life of the product.
- Machine wash warm (40°C)
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at low heat
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Do not wring
- Store in a dry place
- Protect from sunlight
- Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Venous stasis ulcers (CEAP C6)
- Post sclerotherapy
- Post thrombotic syndrome
- Dependent oedema
- Varicose veins