Short, functional soft brace with flexion / extension limitation
Stabimed is a short knee soft brace with extension / flexion limit. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on intact skin.
Safe collateral stabilisation by riged Frame
Extension and flexion limitation protects against damaging joint movements and relieves injured structures
Improvement of propriocetion to increase the own guidance and stabilisation of knee joint
Prevention of hyperextension
- Extension limitation at: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°
- Flexion limitation at: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Immobilisation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°
Only change the extension and flexion limits on instruction from your doctor or orthotist. In order to prevent hyperextension, always insert extension wedges or 0° wedges. The wedges define the exact excursion of the orthosis. In difficult soft-tissue conditions, e.g. where the soft-tissues are under compression, it may be necessary to insert a larger wedge to limit the joint movement to the desired excursion. In addition, make sure that the orthosis joints are correctly positioned: the middles of the joints should be level with the upper border of the patella. The joint must lie behind the midline of the leg.
Avional, polyamide, elastane, PU foam
Please close the hook and loop fasteners before washing and remove the ortheses. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Mild to moderate instability, chronic instability
- Meniscus injuries
- Traumatic or degenerative changes at the knee joint
- Mild to moderate osteoarthritis
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft issues, apart from the area of use