Collateral stabilisation of the knee joint
How does it work?/Mode of action
Only change the extension and flexion limits on instruction from your doctor or orthotist.
Open all the straps and take the hinged bars out of the cotton pads.
Wrap the cotton calf and thigh pads tightly around the leg and fasten at the front.
First attach the lateral (outside) bar to the pad. Make sure that the brace joint is level with the patella and the midline of the knee.
Now attach the medial (inside) bar in the same way. Make sure that the two joints are at the same level.
First fasten the upper calf strap, then the lower thigh strap. Now fasten the other straps, starting with the bottom one and working upwards.
To take the orthosis off just open the straps and pads and pull the orthosis backwards.
Aluminum, PU foam, Cotton
hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the paddings by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- ll indications in which an early functional mobilization with movement limitation of the elbow joint and immobilization of the proximal radius-ulnar joint is required, such as:
- The surgical fixation of the medial and / or lateral collateral ligaments
- The conservative treatment of elbow dislocations
- The surgical treatment of elbow fractures
- The surgical treatment of biceps or triceps ruptures
- Treatment following insertion of a prothesis