Stabilisation of the wrist due to compressive fabric and volar splint
Reduction of movement-related pain due to stabilisation of the wrist
Improved blood flow to the soft tissue areas due to compressive garment → Reduction of swelling and haematoma
How does it work?/Mode of action
Manumed active has a stabilising effect that prevents unhealthy movements of the wrist through the interaction of compressive knitted fabric, belt strap and individually adjustable splints. This relieves the muscles of the lower arm as well as tendons and tendon insertions in the affected area and reduces irritations. The compressive effect of the knitted fabric also restricts swelling.
In principle, the support can be worn for the whole day but should be taken off during longer periods of rest (e.g. sleep). But you should make this dependent on how you feel. In the event of unexpected, excessive changes, e.g. an intensification of the symptoms, please take the product off immediately and contact your doctor or supplying dealer.
The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out thoroughly.
Please note that initial fitting should be supervised by a qualified healthcare
• Before you put the bandage on, stick the attached strap to the middle of the cloth-covered support. The wide end of the strap should be attached to the cloth-covered support so that the thumb opening in the bandage and the strap are on the same side.
• Now pull the bandage over your hand. When put on correctly, the “m” can be seen on the back of your hand.
• Fasten the strap so that the opening in the strap goes over your outside wristbone.
• Then attach it by affixing the narrow end of the strap to the strap.
• Ensure that the support is positioned correctly when you put the bandage on. The support should be lined up with the underside of your forearm as straight as possible.
To take it off, undo the strap. Push the palm of your hand out of the bandage. Apply pressure to the inside pockets and guides, and pull the bandage off your hand.
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
Hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. The splint must
be removed before washing. We recommend using a laundry bag. Fabric
softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the
material, hinder the Clima Comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Wrist injuries, e.g. sprains, distortions
- Irritative conditions (post-traumatic, post-operative, rheumatic)
- Osteoarthrosis of the wrist
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Paralgesia and circulatory disorders of the forearm or hand (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues outside the area of use
Manumed active instructions for use 4.46 MB
How to use our Manumed active soft wrist supports. Date of issue: unti April 2017.
medi hand range 2.50 MB
Supports and braces for indication-adapted treatment
Manumed active instructions for use 5.29 MB
How to use our Manumed active wrist supports. Date of issue: until July 2018.
Manumed active instructions for use 5.76 MB
How to use our Manumed active wrist support. Date of issue: from July 2018.
Manumed active instructions for use 0.00 B
How to use our Manumed active wrist support. Date of issue: from January 2019.
See our FAQ page for more help and information