Manumed activeComfort wrist support with stabilising rod
- Provides stabilisation, relief and pain reduction
- Supple border prevents constriction
- high elasticity, especially in the thumb area
Manumed active: Comfort wrist support for soft tissue compression with a stabilizing rod
Manumed active is a support with a compressive action that stabilises the wrist. Uniting compressive knitted fabric, a hand splint and an additional strap, the support provides stabilisation, relief and can reduce pain. The supple border prevents constriction. One of the benefits of the Manumed active comfort wrist support is its high elasticity in the thumb area– this optimised comfort zone enables it to mould itself to the body. Manumed active can be used for all indications in which support of the wrist by a strengthening or pad is necessary, such as: wrist injuries e.g. sprains, distorsions, osteoarthritis of the wrist, tenosynovitis (tendovaginitis) or for a sense of instability in the wrist.
Besides stabilising the wrist, the compressive knitted fabric of the Manumed active also helps reduce swelling and improve proprioception. This in turn promotes the body's own guidance and stability of the joint.
The strap on the Manumed active comfort wrist support has an extra-large opening. This enables the strap to be positioned correctly, while relieving strain on the outside of the wrist. The included donning aid makes it easier to put it on.
The anatomically pre-moulded hand splint has the ideal size and also effectively promotes stabilisation. Thanks to the special hybrid fabric created from high-tech fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre, Manumed active is soft on the skin. Clima Comfort* ensures that the garment is comfortable to wear, as the modern fibre technology quickly wicks moisture away from the surface of the skin and ensures a high level of breathability. In addition, the integrated Clima Fresh function has an antibacterial function and prevents odours.
* Scientifically tested by the French institute IFTH1. The test result showed that medi's Clima Comfort technology guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. In the test, medi achieved an outstanding overall score of 11 out of 12 points.
1Gardon-Mollard C., Gogué-Meunier G. Etude comparative du transfert de la vapeur d’eau dans différents articles de compression médicale. Phlébologie 2011,64(2):53-60.
- Stabilisation of the wrist due to compressive fabric and volar splint
- Reduction of movement-related pain due to stabilisation of the wrist
- Improved blood flow to the soft tissue areas due to compressive garment → Reduction of swelling and haematoma
Wrist compression bandages.
- Wrist injuries, e.g. sprains, distortions
- Irritative conditions (post-traumatic, post-operative, rheumatic)
- Osteoarthrosis of the wrist
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Paralgesia and circulatory disorders of the forearm or hand (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues outside the area of use
|circumference wrist (cm)||hC||13 - 15||15 -17||17 - 19||19 - 21|
|◊ = fill in for orientation||2||left|