Levamed® ankle support with 3D silicon pad
Levamed® is a support for soft tissue compression with an integrated 3D silicone pad. Its thin design ensures high comfort in wear – also when the ankle bandage is worn in the shoe. The soft Comfort Zone in the sensitive instep area and the breathable sole further enhance the comfort of the fit.
The ankle support can be used for all indications, in which soft tissue compression with local additional pads at the ankle joint is necessary, such as:
- slight instability of the ankle joint
- sprains (strains) and distorsions
- joint effusion and swellings due to arthritis and osteoarthritis
The 3D silicone pad on the Levamed® aids the dissipation of swelling (oedema, haematomas). Furthermore, the compressive knitted fabric over the ankle joint region can improve proprioception. This improvement can, in turn, support the body's own guidance and stabilise the joint.
The included parachute silk donning aid makes it easier for the user to put on and correctly position the Levamed® support. The unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge) at the ends of the bandage ensures a comfortable and secure fit: medi Soft Edge prevents any unpleasant cutting into the skin.
Thanks to a special hybrid fabric created from high-tech-fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre, the ankle bandage is particularly soft on the skin. Clima Comfort* also ensures that Levamed® can be worn in everyday life as well as during physical activities: the modern fibre-technology wicks moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin and ensures a high level of breathability. Furthermore, the fibres have an antibacterial action and inhibit odour-forming bacteria in textiles.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- This is supported by your health insurance
- Prescribed by a doctor
- Comfortable to wear thanks to its soft Comfort Zone in the sensitive instep area.
- Easy to put on using included donning aid
- No cutting-in of the ends of the bandage thanks to the unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge).
- Zone on the sole with a particularly high level of breathability
- 3D silicone pad – thin to ensure that it is comfortable to wear in the shoe
- Natural eucalyptus fibre supports moisture management and is soft on the skin
Bandages for ankle soft tissue compression
All indications in which soft tissue compression with local/local additional pad(s) at the ankle joint is necessary, such as:
- Slight instability of the ankle joint
- Sprains and distorsions
- Joint effusions and swellings due to arthritis and osteoarthritis