Levamed® stabili-tri3-fold modular orthosis for functional treatment of ankle joint injuries
- Adaptable to three healing phases – for safe treatment and mobilisation
- Flexible pressure customisation with the talus-lock tongue Simple handling
Modular ankle orthosis for functional care of ankle injuries
Ankle injuries often arise as a result of twisting, rolling or turning the ankle. This predominantly affects the lateral ligaments. Levamed® stabili-tri is a modular ankle orthosis that, on the one hand, stabilises injured joints and, on the other, enables a step-by-step mobilisation. The sophisticated design supports functional treatment: the orthosis can be adapted to the foot according to the healing phase:
- In the acute phase, the fully assembled orthosis supports immobilisation.
- In the proliferation phase (formation of new tissues), the stabilising element is removed: this supports the first movements, while giving the patient adequate stability.
- In the regeneration phase, the orthosis helps in the further mobilisation of the ankle joint, but still holds it securely. The strap is removed and only the knitted fabric with the talus lock tongue remains on the foot.
Further benefits of the modular ankle orthosis Levamed® stabili-tri:
- The particularly wide opening of the talus lock tongue ensures that donning and doffing are as pain-free and comfortable as possible.
- Click eyelets and crossover lacing allow a flexible adjustment of pressure and easy handling. The internal stabilisation element is thermoplastic and can be moulded as required, while a stabilising strap ensures additional support.
The Levamed® stabili-tri is suitable for all injuries that require a slow restoration of movement for the ankle joint. These include:
- Sprained ankle Grades 2 to 3
- Chronic instability of the talocrural and subtalar joints (upper and lower ankle joints)
The Levamed® stabili-tri is also suitable for use after surgery on the ligamentous apparatus of the ankle joint.
The combination of the compressive knitted fabric, an inelastic stabilising element and the supplementary strap system makes a major contribution to the relief and stabilisation of the joint. Thanks to the anatomical shape, Levamed® stabili-tri supports pain relief and reduces swelling (for example, oedema and haematomas). It also improves self-perception (proprioception) of the position of the foot. The stabilising strap guides the outside of the foot upwards into slight pronation, thus promoting the healing process. The ankle orthosis from medi limits excessive internal and external rotation with a stabilising element and a strap.
Clima Comfort* ensures that the orthosis is comfortable to wear. Modern fibre technology wicks moisture quickly away from the skin's surface and ensures a high level of breathability. The integrated Clima Fresh function also prevents odours. This is achieved by a specific fibre technology and a special production process. The antibacterial effect inhibits odour-forming bacteria in the knitted fabric of the orthosis.
*Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Modular design supports functional treatment
- Adaptable to the patient’s various healing phases (stage-adapted) for safe therapy and mobilisation of the patient
- Stabilisation and relief on the joint elicited via the combination of compressive knitted fabric, non-elastic stabilisation element and supplementary strap system
- Pain relief and dissipation of swelling (oedema, haematoma) via anatomically shaped compressive knitted fabric
Ankle brace for mobilisation in a defined position, parts can be removed.
All indications in which stabilization or movement restriction of the ankle joint with subsequent functional mobilization of the injured or damaged structures is necessary, such as:
- Ankle sprains (grades 2 to 3)
- Chronic instability of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- Postoperative care after surgery on the ligamentous apparatus of the ankle joint
None known at present.
|circumference ankle (cm)||cB||17 - 21||21 - 24||24 - 27||27 - 30|
|◯ = fill in for orientation||2||left|