Genumedi® PTKnee brace promoting muscular balance in cases of patellar lateralisation
- Relief of pain and dissipation of swelling
- Complex pad design to guide the patella
- Secure hold due to integrated silicone dot coating
Genumedi® PT knee brace for patellar guidance
Genumedi® PT is a knee support to influence the glide direction of the patella (kneecap). The integrated silicone pads relieve pain and reduce swelling (such as oedemas or haematomas). The complex design of the pad positively influences a correct patellar guidance. The pressure can be individually adjusted by means of the strap. A free resistance loop band and exercises to accompany treatment are included with every product.
The Genumedi® PT knee support is used when a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary. This is, for example, the case in:
- Anterior knee pain or pain in the region of the kneecap (patellofemoral pain syndrome)
- Non-physiological movement of the kneecap (patellar maltracking)
- Outward deviation of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation)
- Excessive mobility of the kneecap due to a lax ligamentous apparatus (hypermobile patella)
- Malalignment of the kneecap
- Total or (sub-)luxation of the kneecap (dislocation of the patella)
The muscle-relaxing pad of the Genumedi® PT knee support acts on the trigger point to relax the outer thigh muscle (vastus lateralis muscle). Trigger points are local areas of hardened muscle (lumps), which cause pain that radiates to other areas of the body. The pressure on the pad can be regulated by the strap. The activation pad, on the other hand, stimulates the inner upper thigh muscle. A laterally reinforced patellar ring supports guidance of the kneecap. In addition, the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring minimises the contact pressure on the kneecap.
The material is extra-soft and, together with the rippled comfort zone, lateral grip nubs and diamond-shaped centre, ensures it is comfortable to wear and easy to put on
The compressive knitted fabric of the Genumedi® PT enables a stabilisation and relief of the joint. This improves propioception (sense of the body's self-movement and position) and supports guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
Thanks to the special hybrid fabric created from high-tech fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre, Genumedi PT is soft on the skin. Clima Comfort® ensures that the garment is comfortable to wear, as the modern fibre technology quickly wicks moisture away from the surface of the skin and ensures a high level of breathability. In addition, the integrated Clima Fresh® function has an antibacterial function and prevents odours. Hence Genumedi® PT is just as suitable for sporting activities as it is for everyday life.
* Scientifically tested by the French institute IFTH1. The test result showed that medi's Clima Comfort technology guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. In the test, medi achieved an outstanding overall score of 11 out of 12 points.
1Gardon-Mollard C., Gogué-Meunier G. Etude comparative du transfert de la vapeur d’eau dans différents articles de compression médicale. Phlébologie 2011,64(2):53-60.
- Secure hold due to integrated silicone dot coating (non-slip)
- Individually adjustable strap
- Perceptibly decreases pressure on the kneecap due to the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring
- Secure guiding of the patella thanks to laterally reinforced patellar ring. Perceptibly decreases pressure on the kneecap due to the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring, as well as targeted addressing of individual muscles through two 3D pads
- No cutting-in of the ends of the bandage thanks to the unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge)
- Soft on the skin, thanks to a special hybrid fabric created from high-tech fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre
- Soft medi Comfort Zone
Genumedi® PT is a brace which guides patella tracking.
|Circumferences in cm||kT||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58|
|kB||25 - 28||28 - 31||31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|
|article number silver||K.14◊241||K.14◊242||K.14◊243||K.14◊244||K.14◊245||K.14◊246||K.14◊247|
|article number mint blue||K.14◊301||K.14◊302||K.14◊303||K.14◊304||K.14◊305||K.14◊306||K.14◊307|
|size (extrawide with topband)||Measure||III||IV||V||VI||VII|
|Circumferences in cm||kT||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58||58 - 61|
|kB||31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|
|article number silver||K.14◊283||K.14◊284||K.14◊285||K.14◊286||K.14◊287|
|article number mint blue||K.14◊373||K.14◊374||K.14◊375||K.14◊376||K.14◊377|
|◊ = fill in for orientation||2||left|