Genumedi® PTKnee brace for patellar guidance
- Pain relief and disspipation of swelling
- Complex pad design to guide the patella
- Pressure individually adjustable with the strap
Genumedi® PT knee brace for patellar guidance
Genumedi® PT is a brace to influence the glide direction of the kneecap (patella). The integrated silicone pads in the knee support relieve pain and lead to a reduction of swelling (such as oedema or haematomas). The complex pads design positively influences correct patellar guidance by specifically addressing individual muscles. The pressure can be individually adjusted by means of the support's strap.
The Genumedi® PT knee brace is used when a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary, such as:
- patellofemoral pain syndrome
- patellar maltracking
- Patellar lateralisation
- Hypermobile patella
The muscle-relaxing pad on the Genumedi® PT brace acts on the trigger point to relax the outer thigh muscle (vastus lateralis muscle). The pressure on the pad can be regulated by the strap. The activating pad stimulates in turn the inner muscles of the thigh. A laterally reinforced patella ring supports a safe guidance of the kneecap. The surface pressure exerted on the kneecap is minimised by the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring. At the same time, the knitting technique (medi Soft border) prevents unpleasant constriction at the ends of the support.
The compressive knitted fabric of the Genumedi® PT enables a stabilisation and relief of the joint. The thus improved self-perception of the body (proprioception) supports the guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
Genumedi® PT is gentle on the skin as a result of the special combination of high-tech fibres and natural eucalyptus fibres. Clima Comfort* boosts the pleasant wearing feeling: the modern fibre technology quickly transports moisture from the surface of the skin and ensures high breathability. Furthermore, the integrated Clima Fresh function has an antibacterial action and prevents odours. Thus Genumedi® PT is just as suitable for sporting activities as it is for everyday life.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Secure hold due to integrated silicone dot coating (non-slip)
- Individually adjustable strap
- Perceptibly decreases pressure on the kneecap due to the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring.
- Secure guiding of the patella thanks to laterally reinforced patellar ring. Perceptibly decreases pressure on the kneecap due to the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring, as well as targeted addressing of individual muscles through two 3D pads.
- No cutting-in of the ends of the bandage thanks to the unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge).
- Soft on the skin, thanks to a special hybrid fabric created from high-tech fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre.
- Soft medi Comfort Zone
- Included in each product: Physio band with exercise poster
Knee brace which guides patella tracking.