Genumedi® PSSKnee brace for relieving pain at the patellar tendon insertions
- Stimulation of the patellar tendon via the tendon pad
- Secure guidance of the patella by the patellar pad
- Free physiotherapy wedge and exercises to accompany treatment
Genumedi® PSS: knee brace for relieving the patellar tendon insertions
Genumedi® PSS is a knee support for relieving pain at the patellar tendon insertion. The integrated 3D silicone friction nubs on the tendon pad stimulate the kneecap tendon (patellar ligament), whilst the patella pad ensures a secure guidance of the patella. This two-part pad system works together to reduce pain. There is also an even distribution of pressure thanks to the asymmetric strap system. A free physiotherapy wedge and instructions for exercises are included with every product.
The Genumedi® PSS knee support is used when a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary. This is, for example, the case in:
- Inflammation of the patellar tendon insertion at the tip of the patella (patella tip syndrome / patellar tendonitis / Jumper's knee)
- Inflammation of the patellar tendon insertion at the thigh bone (Osgood-Schlatter disease)
- Anterior knee pain (patellofemoral pain syndrome)
Patellofemoral pain syndrome often occurs in types of sport that involve intensive jumping and rapid changes in direction, stop-and-go activities and when jogging. The extra-soft knitted fabric and the comfort zone with rippled structure and diamond-shaped centre make the support very comfortable to wear, while the lateral grip nubs (Grip-Ons) ensure it is easy to put on. In addition, the integrated silicone dot coating on the inside ensures it is non-slip, providing the knee support with a firm grip. The Genumedi®PSS knee support can therefore also be worn during sporting activities.
Included with every pack is a physiotherapy wedge, which patients can use for their therapy-accompanying exercises. Studies have shown that regular training with exercises for the patellar tendon can reduce knee pain associated with patella tip syndrome.1-4 Single-leg squats on a 25° decline board are particularly effective.
The material of the Genumedi® PSS knee support and the modern fibre technology ensure it is particularly comfortable to wear. Thanks to the special Clima Comfort® technology, the fibres quickly wick moisture away from the surface of the skin, while at the same time ensuring a high level of breathability. Furthermore, the integrated Clima Fresh® function has an antibacterial effect and prevents odours - a real benefit during increased physical activity.
* Scientifically tested by the French institute IFTH. The test result showed that medi's Clima Comfort® technology guarantees climate exchange between skin and garment. In the test, medi achieved an outstanding overall score of 11 out of 12 points.
- Balanced pressure distribution (no cutting into calf area) thanks to the asymmetric strap system (rear strap is positioned slightly lower).
- Non-slip: Secure hold due to integrated silicone dot coating
- Individually adjustable strap system.
- No cutting-in of the ends of the bandage thanks to the unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge).
- Pad system:
- Secure guiding of the patella is ensured by the patella pad with 3D profil
- Stimulation of the patellar tendon via the tendon pad with 3D profile
- Individual pressure adjustment on the patellar tendon
- No cutting-in thanks to offset strap system
- medi Comfort Zone
Genumedi® PSS is a brace for influencing the patella glide path.
|Circumferences in cm||kT||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58|
|kB||22 - 25||25 - 28||28 - 31||31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|
|Circumferences in cm||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58||58 - 61|
|31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|