Genumedi® PSS: knee brace with patella strap for relief during sports
Genumedi® PSS is a knee brace for relief of the insertions of the patellar tendon. The integrated 3D silicone friction nubs on the tendon pad stimulate the patellar tendon (patellar ligament), while the compression exerted by the knitted fabric provides safe guidance. In addition, the patellar pad safely guides the kneecap. This two-part pad system leads to an overall pain reduction. There is also a balanced pressure distribution (no cutting into calf area) thanks to the asymmetric strap system (rear strap is positioned slightly lower).
The Genumedi® PSS knee brace is used when a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary, such as:
The Patellafemoral pain syndrome, for example, often occurs in types of sport involving intensive jumping and rapid changes of direction, stop-and-go sports and when jogging. Therefore, the Genumedi® PSS knee bandage can also be worn during sports. The patella strap on the knee support regulates the pressure on the patellar ligament. The posterior strap is offset slightly lower. This results in an even pressure distribution and there is no constriction over the calf. The individually adjustable strap system and the unique knitting technology at the ends of the support (medi Soft border) contribute towards a pleasant wearing feeling and the perfect fit of Genumedi® PSS.
Furthermore, the integrated silicone dot coating on the inside ensures it is non-slip, so the knee support has a firm grip - even during sporting activities. Moreover, a physiotherapy wedge is included in every pack, with which physiotherapeutic exercises can be performed. Studies have proved that regular training with exercises for the patellar ligament can reduce knee pain associated with patella tip syndrome. Single-leg squats on a 25° decline board were particularly effective.
The material of the Genumedi® PSS knee brace and the modern fibre technology ensure an outstanding wearing comfort. Thanks to the special Clima Comfort* technology, the fibres transport moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin and, at the same time, ensure high breathability. Furthermore, the integrated Clima Fresh function acts to prevent odours and is antibacterial - a real benefit during increased physical activity.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Balanced pressure distribution (no cutting into calf area) thanks to the asymmetric strap system (rear strap is positioned slightly lower).
- Non-slip: Secure hold due to integrated silicone dot coating
- Individually adjustable strap system.
- No cutting-in of the ends of the bandage thanks to the unique knitting technique (medi Soft Edge).
- Pad system:
- Secure guiding of the patella is ensured by the patella pad with 3D profile
- Stimulation of the patellar tendon via the tendon pad with 3D profile
- Individual pressure adjustment on the patellar tendon
- No cutting-in thanks to offset strap system
- medi Comfort Zone
- Physio wedge included in every product
Knee brace for influencing the patella glide path.
Poliamide, polyester, elastane
All indications in which a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary, such as:
- Patellar tendinitis (Jumper's Knee)
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
Genumedi® PSS – medi’s new knee support for jumper’s knee
What is patellar tendinopathy and how does it start?
Excercises on a 25° decline board for the patellar ligament
Mon. to Thu. 08.00-17.00
- +49 921 912-0
- +49 921 912-783
As a medical retailer you can order directly from medi's e-shop around the clock
See our FAQ page for more help and information