Long, functional soft brace with flexion/ extension limitation
Collamed / Collamed long is a knee soft brace with extension / flexion limit. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on intact skin.
Optimal stabilisation using 4-point principle
Safe collateral stabilisation by riged Frame
Extension and flexion limitation protects against damaging joint movements and relieves injured structures
Improvement of propriocetion to increase the own guidance and stabilisation of knee joint
Prevention of hyperextension
- Extension limitation at: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°
- Flexion limitation at: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Immobilisation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°
Only change the extension and flexion limits on instruction from your doctor or orthotist. In order to prevent hyperextension, always insert extension stops or 0° stops. The stops define the exact excursion of the orthosis. In difficult soft-tissue conditions, e.g. where the soft-tissues are under com press ion, it may be necessary to insert a larger stop to limit the joint movement to the desired excursion. In addition, make sure that the orthosis hinges are correctly positioned: the middles of the hinges should be in one line with the upper border of the patella. The hinge must lie behind the midline of the leg.
Avional, polyamide, elasthan
Please close the hook and loop fasteners before washing and remove the ortheses. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
With normal use, the hinge mechanism should not require any maintenance, but it can be lubricated with Teflon™ spray.
- Rupture of medial collateral ligament
- For Nonsurgical Treatment of collateral ligament lesions
- Chronic instability
- Postop after cruciate ligament rupture
- Meniscus injuries combined with collateral ligament injuries
- Mild instabilities of the cruciate ligaments
- Traumatic or degenerative deformities of the knee joint
- Mild to moderate osteoarthritis
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
90409-medi-knee-range.pdf 5.48 MB
Collamed long instructions for use 2.89 MB
How to use our Collamed long softbraces. Date of issue: until february 2019.
Collamed instructions for use 3.18 MB
How to use our Collamed softbraces. Date of issue: until february 2019.
Collamed long instructions for use
How to use our Collamed long softbraces. Date of issue: from february 2019.
Collamed instructions for use
How to use our Collamed. Date of issue: from february 2019.
Collamed-instructions.pdf 3.32 MB
You will find more promotional materials for medi products or health topics in our service section.Order for promotional materials