Spinomed®Back orthosis for vertebral extension in osteoporosis
- Scientifically proven efficacy
- Strengthens the core musculature
- Innovative pivot joint
The new Spinomed back brace for active therapy of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures
The Spinomed® back brace sets new standards in the functional therapy of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures: the patient receives a multifunctional orthosis that mobilises him safely, effectively, simply and comfortably in everyday life.
Spinomed® is a back brace that actively contributes towards strengthening the core musculature, thus relieving and correcting the lumbar and thoracic spine in the sagittal plane (plane along which the spinal column moves in the direction of bending and straightening). Among other things, it is suitable for vertebral fractures of the thoracic and lumbar vertebral bodies. Further indications that require relief and/or correction of the lumbar and thoracic spine are:
- Juvenile Scheuermann’s disease, a growth disorder of the spine that can lead to pain associated with postural problems
- Hyperkyphosis with chronic back pain
The less noticeable a medical device is, the more likely the patient will want to wear it. The new Spinomed back brace was developed with this in mind.
Unique on the market – the new pivot joint:
The innovative pivot joint is the rotating connection between the hip belt and the back splint that guarantees an optimum fit of the orthosis. This means: excellent freedom of movement combined with outstanding wearing comfort. Hence, the Spinomed® enables the user to enjoy more mobility in everyday life and leisure activities.
Tried and tested strap system – now even better: thanks to the ergonomically preformed shoulder straps with large opening, the new Spinomed® can be easily put on and taken off like a rucksack. The improved shoulder straps guarantee straightening of the spine as soon as it is fitted in accordance with the therapeutic needs. Thanks to the soft material, the flexible shoulder pad ensures pleasant wearing comfort in the underarm area.
Further highlights of the new Spinomed®:
- The optimised size system ensures even more individual patient management with a better fit during movement.
- Thanks to the inset holes and the soft materials, the new back pad ensures pleasant climate-management with high wearing comfort.
- Thanks to the structured strap configuration and the external grips on both sides, the orthosis is easy for the patients to close.
- The aluminium back splint can be removed from the pocket by the CPO for an individual tool-free adjustment to the patient’s spine.
Osteoporosis patients with a fracture of the lumbar or thoracic spine often have postural problems: the fracture of the vertebral body can lead to a curvature of the upper back – a faulty posture that leads to the upper body tending to lean forwards. The Spinomed® orthosis uses the biofeedback-principle to counteract this: due to the resistance generated by the shoulder straps, the back brace reminds the body to straighten up by itself. This leads to a more erect posture and demonstrably to
- Reduction / lessening of the pain and the tendency to sway.1, 2
- Improvement of the vital capacity and quality of life.1, 2
- Strengthening of the abdominal and back muscles.1, 2
- Improvement of lung function.1, 2
Furthermore, a representative patient survey3 proved the subjective treatment benefits of Spinomed®:
- 94 percent of the participants would recommend Spinomed.
- Approximately two thirds confirmed that Spinomed contributes to improved mobility or increases the quality of life and is thereby very comfortable to wear.
- More than half reported pain relief when wearing the orthosis.
- Activates back muscles through biofeedback
- Straightens the upper body by strengthening muscle power with reduction of osteoporosis-related kyphosis
- Reduces pain
- Improves vital capacity and quality of life
Brace designed to actively relieve load and correct the lumbar spine / thoracic spine in the sagittal plane.
All indications requiring a relief and/or correction of the lumbar/thoracic spine as well as movement restriction in sagittal plane, such as:
- Osteoporotic bone collapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Hyperkyphosis with chronic back pain
- Juvenile Scheuermann`s disease
|back length (cm)||bL||up to 42||41 - 48||47 - 54||53 - 60||59 - 66||65 - 72|