Back orthosis for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures
Osteoporosis, also widely known as bone atrophy, is one of the most common diseases of old age. This back orthosis can be used in the therapy of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures. medi Spinomed strengthens the trunk muscles and helps to actively straighten the back. Thus, the Spinomed back orthosis optimally fulfils the concrete recommendation of the current guideline of the Dachverband Osteologie e. V. (umbrella association for osteology, DVO), according to which a back orthosis should have an uprighting effect on the spine. The more upright posture increases lung volume and reduces the shortness of breath that often occurs in osteoporosis.
Ergonomically pre-shaped and flexible shoulder straps ensure an optimal fit of the orthosis and give it a noticeable lightness. Holes are made in the soft material to promote air circulation. Flexible and breathable material in the abdominal gel ensures a perfect fit and high wearing comfort.
- This is supported by your health insurance
- Prescribed by a doctor
How does it work?/Mode of action
- Activates back muscles through biofeedback
- Straightens the upper body by strengthening muscle power with reduction of osteoporosis-related kyphosis
- Reduces pain
- Improves vital capacity and quality of life
Brace designed to actively relieve load and correct the lumbar spine / thoracic spine in the sagittal plane.
Aluminum, Polyester, Elastane, Elastomer
All indications requiring a relief and/or correction of the lumbar/thoracic spine as well as movement restriction in sagittal plane, such as:
- Osteoporotic bone collapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Hyperkyphosis with chronic back pain
- Juvenile Scheuermann`s disease
None known at present.