Elbow othoses for mobilisation with immobilisation of the PRU joint
protect.Epico ROM is an elbow orthosis. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the elbow and only on unbroken skin.
Open, flat and light weight frame construction
The pads can be washed by hand in mild, cold soapy water. Rinse thoroughly. Do not wring out. Leave in the air to dry. Do not iron. Soap residues may cause skin irritation or damage to the material. When used normally the joint mechanism is maintenance-free. However, in exceptional circumstances the hinges can be lubricated using Teflon™ spray.
- All indications in which an early functional mobilization with movement limitation of the elbow joint is necessary, such as:
- Orthotic care for fractures of the
- medial or lateral epicondyles
- Conservative treatment for dislocation
- of the elbow with associated injury
- Postoperative treatment following
- implantation of prostheses
- Functional aftercare following stable
- fractures of the distal humerus
- Temporary immobilisation after
- arthrolysis of the elbow joint
- If the belts are fastened too tightly, this
- may cause lymphatic congestion. For
- this reason, the belt bands should be
- frequently opened.