Elbow othoses for mobilisation with immobilisation of the PRU joint
protect.Epico ROM is an elbow orthosis. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the elbow and only on unbroken skin.
Open, flat and light weight frame construction
How does it work?/Mode of action
Serves to immobilise the elbow joint by fixation of areas of the upper and lower arm
Movement is limited to 0°-120° in the joint to guarantee movment flexibility. This enhances joint mobility and accelerates healing.
Open all the Velcro straps and put the brace on so that its joint lies directly over the lateral epicondyle.
First close the two lower arm belts, then the upper arm belts.
Guide one end of the neck strap through the ring on the arm cuff and fasten the Velcro.
Pass the other end over your shoulder, guide it through the ring on the hand rest, and fasten the Velcro.
The pads can be trimmed to size with scissors if necessary.
Setting the flexion and extension limits
To set the radius of motion, first press the grey button during flexion and simultaneously shift the joint to the desired number of degrees.
Repeat this process for extension.
Flexion limit: 0° - 120°
Extension limit: 0° - 120°
The pads can be washed by hand in mild, cold soapy water. Rinse thoroughly. Do not wring out. Leave in the air to dry. Do not iron. Soap residues may cause skin irritation or damage to the material. When used normally the joint mechanism is maintenance-free. However, in exceptional circumstances the hinges can be lubricated using Teflon™ spray.
- Orthotic care for fractures of the
- medial or lateral epicondyles
- Conservative treatment for dislocation
- of the elbow with associated injury
- Postoperative treatment following
- implantation of prostheses
- Functional aftercare following stable
- fractures of the distal humerus
- Temporary immobilisation after
- arthrolysis of the elbow joint
- If the belts are fastened too tightly, this
- may cause lymphatic congestion. For
- this reason, the belt bands should be
- frequently opened.
Mon. to Thu. 08.00-17.00
- +49 921 912-0
- +49 921 912-783