medi Epico ROMsElbow brace for early functional mobilisation
- Adjustable flexion and extension limitation
- Extended and soft hand rest for greater wearing comfort
- Non-slip and flexibly adjustable upper arm cushion
medi Epico ROM®s elbow brace for mobilisation
medi Epico ROM®s is an elbow brace for therapy-appropriate mobilisation of the elbow with simultaneous immobilisation of the proximal radioulnar articulation. The flexion and extension stops are adjustable in increments of 10 from extension (0°) up to a sharply angled position (120°). This way, the range of movement of the brace can be adjusted to the respective stage of rehabilitation.
The extended hand rest of the medi Epico ROM®s splint with its pleasant and soft material ensures greater wearing comfort - even with severe swelling of the hand. The non-slip upper arm pads are simple to shorten, so that they mould themselves comfortably to the upper arm: the brace with its secure fit provides support in everyday life, during physiotherapy and during mobilisation exercises.
The elbow brace can be used when an early functional mobilisation with limitation of the range of movement of the elbow joint and an immobilisation of the proximal radioulnar articulation are required. Thus, the medi Epico ROM®s is used for indications, such as:
- surgical fixation of the medial and / or lateral collateral ligaments
- conservative treatment of elbow dislocations
- surgical treatment of elbow fractures
- reconstruction of the ulnar or radial collateral ligaments
- surgical treatment of biceps or triceps ruptures
- treatment of radial head fracture (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- treatment following insertion of a prothesis
- distal humeral fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
The hand rest prevents harmful rotation (pronation and supination movements) of the forearm. Bending (flexion) and straightening (extension) of the arm can be easily adjusted to the patient's needs with the flat Quick-Set hinge, which guarantees a therapeutically appropriate mobilisation of the joint. This way the elbow brace not only promotes the healing process, but it can also reduce pain on movement.
The adjustable flexion and extension stops allow an early functional mobilisation of the elbow within a defined range of movement. Thanks to the pleasant material and the low overall weight, the medi Epico ROM®s is also very comfortable to wear.
- High comfort and easy handling due to flat quick-set joint.
- Extended hand support with excellent material to provide more comfort – even if the hand is very swollen.
- Non-slip upper arm padding that adapts to the upper arm flexibly and supports a secure hold. The pads can easily be shortened to adapt them to the individual.
- Higher comfort during wearing thanks to a low total weight (100% aluminium).
Elbow brace for mobilisation with immobilisation of the proximal radioulnar articulation.
All indications in which an early functional mobilization with movement limitation of the elbow joint and immobilization of the proximal radius-ulnar joint is required, such as:
- The surgical fixation of the medial and / or lateral collateral ligaments
- The conservative treatment of elbow dislocations
- The surgical treatment of elbow fractures
- Reconstruction of the ulnar or radial collateral ligaments
- The surgical treatment of biceps or triceps ruptures
- Treatment of radial head fracture (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Treatment following insertion of a prothesis
- Distal humeral fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Concomitant neurological damage, e.g. ulnar nerve
- Compartment syndrome