mediven® struva® 23: the effective alternative to compression bandages in hospital
mediven® struva® 23 is a round-knitted clinical compression stocking for compression of the lower limbs. With the standardised moderate compression of 23 mmHg, the mediven® struva® 23 is the effective alternative to conventional compression bandages after operative procedures.
The exactly defined compression gradient ensures high medical efficacy. Clinical compression stockings with moderate compression strength cover a wide range of indications.
Most deep vein thromboses occur during or within 24 hours of operative procedures. Therefore, the preoperative use of clinical compression stockings is already routine practice.
The mediven® struva® 23 offers many benefits for both patients and nursing staff alike: the open toe simplifies hygiene and allows a quick inspection of the circulation situation. The silicone topband with its size indicator ensures a secure hold and makes it possible for nursing staff to check the fit easily. The special instep reduces wrinkling when the foot is in dorsiflexion.
- Precisely deﬁned compression gradient for a high degree of medical effectiveness
- Open toe for improved hygiene and quick inspection of the circulatory situation
- Optimum care thanks to silicone topband with size indicator
- Instep area for an optimal fit and reduced formation of wrinkles when the foot is bent
- Colour marking at the heel for easy and correct positioning
- Colour coded size system for quick and simple selection of the correct stocking size
- Suitable for thigh circumferences of up to 78 cm
- Also available with waist attachement
- Correctly applied, the textile fabric avoids painful constrictions and window oedema 10
- Simple handling and saving of time make things easier for nursing staff and improves patient care 11, 12
- Easy donning and doffing for fast wound inspection and treatment
- High level of compliance due to greater wearing comfort 4
- Highly cost-effective due to reusability 13
Round knitted clinical compression stocking for compression of the lower extremities, mainly for prevention and treatment of diseases of the venous system and general swelling.
- Below-knee stocking
- Upper thigh-length stocking
29 % Elastane
71 % Polyamide
- Prevention and therapy of post-operative and post-traumatic oedema and haematoma and for reduction of concomitant pain (e.g. orthopaedic or venous surgery) (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Physical thrombosis prophylaxis in partially mobile patients - pre-, intra- and post-operative (5, 6, 7, 8)
- Therapy of venous leg ulcer in immobile / partially mobile patients (9, 10)
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure< 30 mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot)
- Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV)
- Septic phlebitis
- Phlegmasia cerulea dolens
- Massive oedema of the leg
Particular attention to
- Severe weeping dermatosis
- Intolerance to compressive material
- Severe paraesthesia in the limbs
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. as seen in diabetes mellitus)
- Primary chronic polyarthritis