medi SAS® multiShoulder support for positioning in abduction and external rotation
- Relief of the shoulder in 15° abduction
- optional positioning of the shoulder in slight external rotation
- Waist-level cushion for stable positioning, even when patient is lying on back
medi SAS® multi - for immobilisation of the shoulder in abduction
The medi SAS® multi shoulder support holds the arm away from the body at an angle of 15° (abduction) and thus relieves the shoulder. Thanks to the padding surrounding the waist, secure positioning is guaranteed, even when lying down. A separate wedge can be used to turn the shoulder in a slightly external rotation, if necessary.
The medi SAS® multi support is used for all indications requiring immobilisation of the shoulder joint in abduction and optional in external rotation such as:
- after rotator cuff repair
- after shoulder stabilization
- after anterior shoulder dislocation (nonsurgical)
- humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- after insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- after stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- after biceps tenodesis
- impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
medi SAS® multi immobilises the shoulder joint and holds it in slight abduction. Thanks to the waist-level cushion, the support guarantees secure positioning day and night. This means the joint can be protected against harmful movements after an injury or surgery.
The support adapts in a special way to the needs of the user: the ergonomically designed hand rest ensures good wearing comfort in everyday life. The construction of the medi SAS® multi ensures a stable pressure relief in the subacromial space, the gap between the shoulder roof and the humeral head. The special ring straps transmit tension forces away from the shoulder / neck region. Furthermore, high-quality fastening mechanisms and padding material enhance the support – for easier handling and a pleasant comfort in wear.
medi SAS® multi with its separate wedge makes it possible to position the shoulder in slight external rotation. This allows the support to be adapted individually to the wearer and the planned therapy. The lower arm pocket facilitates a functional follow-up treatment such as physiotherapy: it is easy to open, so that therapeutic movements can be performed.
- Lateral positioning in 15° abduction and optional external rotation to immobilize and relieve the stress on injured structures.
- Separate wedges for personalised setting of external rotation.
- Waist-level cushion for stable positioning, even when patient is lying on back.
- Reduction of tension in the shoulder-neck area by the option of adding a second shoulder belt.
- High quality fastening mechanisms and padding material.
- Ergonomic design of handrest.
- Can be put on and taken off without help.
Shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction and optional in external rotation such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- After shoulder stabilization
- After anterior shoulder dislocation (nonsurgical)
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications that specifically require an internal rotation or an abduction of more than 15°
|length of forearm (cm)
|◯ = fill in for orientation