External Rotation Shoulder Cushion
The medi SAS light is a brace for immobilising and relieving strain on the shoulder at an angle of 15° abduction and in a neutral position. This position is particularly recommended after shoulder dislocations and for shoulder instability. The open design facilitates follow-up treatment and increases wearer comfort. The ergonomic arm sling is simple to open, making specific exercises (pendulum exercises) possible as part of therapy.
Secure holding in 15° abduction and neutral position.
Postoperative healing of the rotator cuff and avoidance of contractions.
Holding position supports the installation of the ventral labrum and the relief of the rear capsule parts.
Avoidance of frozen shoulders and adhesions.
Shoulder joint orthoses for immobilization and relief
Polyamide, PU foam
Hook and loop fastener should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear. The cover of the external rotation wedge should be removed before washing.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction and external rotation, such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- After shoulder stabilization
- After reduction of shoulder dislocation
- After acromioclavicular joint dislocation (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Fractures and osteosynthesis of the scapula
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- Fractures of the humerus head (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications that expressly require the shoulder to be held in an internally rotated position.