medi SAS® 45Shoulder support for positioning in 30° or 45° abduction
- Relief of the shoulder in 30° or 45° abduction
- Simple modification between 30°- and 45° abduction
- Anatomically moulded pad for stable positioning
medi SAS® 45 for immobilisation of the shoulder in abduction
medi SAS® 45 is a shoulder support for relief of the shoulder in a splayed position (abduction). The angle of abduction can be set at 30 degrees or 45 degrees abduction. Furthermore, the support can be used for either the left or the right shoulder with a simple modification. An anatomically pre-moulded pad ensures stable positioning and immobilisation of the joint. Backward movements (posterior) are prevented by the shoulder support.
The shoulder support medi SAS® 45 is used when immobilisation of the shoulder joint in abduction is necessary, for example
- after rotator cuff repair
- humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- after insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- after stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- after biceps tenodesis
- impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
Immobilisation or fixation of the joint in 45 or 30 degrees abduction serves to protect and relieve the shoulder. In doing so, the ergonomically designed hand rest ensures wearing comfort. The positioning reduces the pressure in the subacromial space, the region between the shoulder roof and the humeral head. The immobilisation can prevent pain on movement in the shoulder.
A further benefit: the upper and forearm straps of the shoulder support medi SAS® 45 are simple to open, so the user can put it on and take it off without help. This also simplifies aftercare.
medi SAS® 45 is not only marked by the practical handling and pleasant comfort in wear: thanks to the waist belt, the medical device reduces tension in the shoulder and neck area.
- Lateral positioning in 30° or 45° of abduction to immobilize and relieve the stress on injured structures.
- Cushion moulded to anatomy.
- Reduction of tension in the shoulder-neck area by the waist belt.
- High quality fastening mechanisms and padding material.
- Can be put on and taken off without help.
Shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
Any indication that specifically requires internal rotation or abduction greater than 45° or less than 30°