Shoulder abduction splint – 15° abduction
The medi SAS 15 is a shoulder abduction support. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the shoulder and only on intact skin.
- Prescribed by a doctor
- This is supported by your health insurance
15° abduction position to avoid adhesions to axillary recess (frozen shoulder)
Lateral positioning in 15° abduction to relieve the ventral limbus and the capsule
To avoid stiffening of the shoulder
Shoulder joint orthoses for immobilization and relief
PU foam, Polyamide
The product should not be worn in water. Hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Pillow case, bag and straps can be washed by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction, such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- After shoulder stabilization
- After first-time anterior shoulder dislocation (nonsurgical)
- Postoperative treatment of the shoulder (e.g. bursitis, after removal of calcium deposit, after mobilisation under anaesthesia for a frozen shoulder)
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Subacromial bursitis (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
medi SAS® 15 instructions for use 2.53 MB
How to use our medi SAS 15 shoulder abdcution splints. Date of issue: until May 2019.
medi SAS® 15 instructions for use
How to use our medi SAS 15 shoulder abdcution splints. Date of issue: from May 2019.
medi shoulder and elbow range
medi-SAS-15-instructions.pdf 8.72 MB