Walker with range of motion control
medi ROM Walker is lower leg brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the foot and only on unbroken skin.
Optional fixed joint angle or partial excursion; this permits early functional mobilisation
Plantarflexion: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 40°
Dorsiflexion: 20°, 10°, 0°
Immobilisation at each 10° angle setting
Physiological gait due to special sole design (rocker sole)
Controlled compression by anterior and posterior shell as well as circular hook and loop fastener straps.
First open all the hook and loop fasteners and the leg/foot padding. Place your foot in the padding so that the heel stands firmly in the pre-formed heel bed and close the padding. Patients with very slim calves can trim the pad to the right length using scissors if there is a large overlap of the padding.
Place your foot in the rigid shell of the Walker. The two guide supports should lie exactly along the middle of the inside and outside of the calf. Then close both the hook and loop fasteners of the foot section and the back heel strap.
Finally fasten the three leg straps from the bottom up. Make sure that the straps lie flat against the pad and are tightly closed at the front. However, be careful not to impair the blood circulation.
For additional stabilisation of the lower leg the enclosed plastic shells can be fixed to the pad. The broader one is intended for the calf area. The padding can be used for additional cushioning (e.g. across the instep, at the heel strap, between the ankle bone and joint).
Aluminum, PU-foam, cotton
Hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the paddings by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Postoperative and nonsurgical treatment of fractures of the fibula
- Dislocated fractures of the talocrural joint
- Nonsurgical treatment of injuries of the fore foot, middle foot or tarsus
- Ligament refixation and peroneal tendon dislocation
- Follow-up treatment of fractures of the talus, calcaneus and medial malleolus
- Early functional therapy after rupture of the Achilles tendon (Nonsurgical/ Postoperative)
- Unstable fractures or fractures of the proximal tibia or fibia
- Soft part defects and wound healing disorders
- Existing lymph drainage disorders
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
medi ROM Walker instructions for use 3.30 MB
How to use our medi ROM Walker lower leg orthoses. Date of issue: until November 2017.
medi ROM Walker / medi Walker boot instructions for use 3.54 MB
How to use our medi ROM Walker / medi Walker boot lower leg orthoses. Date of issue: from November 2017.
ROM-Walker instructions for use 0.00 B
How to use our ROM Walker lower leg orthosis. Date of issue: from November 2018
medi foot and ankle joint products 0.00 B
Safe and comfortable therapy for many indications