Elbow orthosis with extension and / or flexion restriction
The medi Epico active complements the medi elbow range with an orthosis that supports return to activity and sport in the late postoperative period. The orthosis is made of a soft, breathable material that covers the elbow. The orthosis has lateral splints that can limit extension and flexion with little effort. Four hook-and-loop fasteners fix the orthosis to the arm, providing a secure fit during activities and sport.
Polycentric splints safely guide and stabilise the elbow joint
Protects against damaging varus and valgus stress
Joint blocks can be used to limit flexion and extension
Reliable support when returning to sports
Aluminum, polyamide, elastane, PU
Please close the hook and loop fasteners before washing and remove the splint. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- All indications in which a physiological guidance of the elbow joint and / or relief of the joint is necessary, such as:
- Nonsurgical treatment following simple elbow dislocation
- Nonsurgical treatment to prevent from recurrent elbow dislocation
- Treatment of medial or lateral elbow instability
- Postoperative treatment of osteochondrosis dissecans
- Postoperative treatment of cartilage replacement therapy
- Postoperative treatment following collateral ligament reconstruction
- Wound healing issues and wound infections
- Skin issues when open wounds are present
- Concomitant neurological damage, e.g. ulnar nerve
- Compartment syndrome
- Lymph drainage issues
- An allergy to the materials/substances
- Localized skin irritation