Elbow orthosis with extension and / or flexion restriction
The medi Epico active complements the medi elbow range with an orthosis that supports return to activity and sport in the late postoperative period. The orthosis is made of a soft, breathable material that covers the elbow. The orthosis has lateral splints that can limit extension and flexion with little effort. Four hook-and-loop fasteners fix the orthosis to the arm, providing a secure fit during activities and sport.
Polycentric splints safely guide and stabilise the elbow joint
Protects against damaging varus and valgus stress
Joint blocks can be used to limit flexion and extension
Reliable support when returning to sports
How does it work?/Mode of action
The elbow support serves to reinforce and stabilise the elbow joint structure using polycentric joint splints. It offers protection from varus and valgus forces that cannot be sustained and offers additional optional security for the joint, in the form of joint support wedges for restricting flexion and extension.
Open and loosen all straps. Pull the support on. The arm that you are using it on should be bent slightly. Your palm should be facing upwards.
The guide line should be level with the bend in your elbow. Check that the support is positioned correctly by bending and straightening your elbow.
Fasten all of the ends of the straps in the correct order and check that the support is positioned correctly again.
The strap may be cut to the length required by the individual. To this end, open the hook and loop fasteners at the ends of the straps and shorten the straps accordingly.
If necessary, the enclosed cushion can be attached to the external side, between the joint pocket and arm.
Aluminum, polyamide, elastane, PU
Please close the hook and loop fasteners before washing and remove the splint. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- conservative early functional treatment after purely ligamentous elbow luxation
- conservative way to prevent recurring luxation of the elbow
- for medial and / or lateral elbow instability
- post-operative use for osteochondritis dissecans
- post-operative use following cartilage surgery
- post-operative use following ligament suturing or surgery
- Wound healing issues and wound infections
- Skin issues when open wounds are present
- Concomitant neurological damage, e.g. ulnar nerve
- Compartment syndrome
- Lymph drainage issues
- An allergy to the materials/substances
- Localized skin irritation
Mon. to Thu. 08.00-17.00
- +49 921 912-0
- +49 921 912-783