Modular ankle orthosis for a secure hold
The medi Ankle sport brace is suitable for the stabilisation of the talocrural and subtalar joints (upper and lower ankle joints). The combination of the integrated stabilisation elements on each side, the lacing and the removable strap system can support the ankle joint. Thanks to this special design, the medi Ankle sport brace provides stability and support for the joint and gives it additional stability. It is also quick and easy to take off.
The ankle orthosis can be adjusted individually to the foot. In doing so, it must be ensured that the recesses encompass the ankle, in order to provide an optimum level of comfort during wear. Fabric lace eyes make it even more comfortable to wear. With its slim design, the medi Ankle sport brace can be worn in virtually any shoe.
The modular ankle orthosis is suitable for indications, for which a stabilisation of the talocrural and subtalar joints in one plane is necessary:
- Chronic ligament instability of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- After sprains (sprains)
- As a preventive measure to provide support after injuries of the ankle joint (supination trauma), particularly for sports
- Minor injuries of the syndesmotic ligament (an important part of the talocrural joint)
Wearing an ankle brace is particularly useful after injuries – the support can counteract twisting of the foot. The use of the medi Ankle sport brace is especially helpful when the user slowly start sports again.
For physiotherapy at home: users receive an additional therapy concept with the medi Ankle sport brace. Each medi Ankle sport brace is supplied with two medi blocks. Patients can do exercises of different difficulty levels with the expanded foam pads – after an individual consultation with the doctor. The digital physiotherapy programme can be accessed very easily at home, with the aim of supporting a slow and effective mobilisation of the ankle after an injury. Further physiotherapy exercises for the ankle joint are available on our website.
- Stabilisation of the ankle joint
- Individually adjustable stabilisation and freedom of movement
- The brace can prevent spraining of the ankle
Adjustable ankle brace for stabilisation in one plane.
All indications in which a stabilisation of the upper and lower ankle joint in one plane is necessary, such as:
- Chronic ligament instability in the upper and lower ankle
- Following distorsions (e.g. supination injuries)
- As a preventative measure after supination injuries, particularly for sports
- Mild injury to the syndesmotic ligaments
None known at present.