Stabilising support for the wrist
Light compression and stabilisation of the wrist can be a good idea for various medical conditions: These include wrist arthrosis, wrist sprain or tendinitis.
The Manumed active E+motion wrist support is made from compressive fabric which stabilises the wrist effectively. A strap gives additional stability and its wide opening also relieves pressure from the outer area of the knuckles. Alongside the tried and trusted medical effect, Manumed active E+motion scores extra points with its exclusive features in a sporty look. The breathable fabric made from active fibre and merino fibre support the thermo-regulation in both summer and winter, adapting perfectly to movement and also giving the joint extra stability for high stress during sport, at work or in everyday life. The integrated hand splint is anatomically pre-formed and size-optimised – for a high degree of wearing comfort. The extra-large comfort zone in the thumb area and the pressure-free cuff make the support particularly comfortable to wear.
Particularly high stability and even more freedom of movement at the same time
Hand splint and strap with quartz pad for a high level of relief
Correct positioning of the strap and relief for the ulnar styloid thanks to optimised strap opening.
More freedom of movement thanks to extra large comfort zone
Optimal breathability thanks to active fibre
Improved thermo-regulation thanks to merino fibre
How does it work?/Mode of action
Manumed active has a stabilising effect that prevents unhealthy movements of the wrist through the interaction of compressive knitted fabric, belt strap and individually adjustable splints. This relieves the muscles of the lower arm as well as tendons and tendon insertions in the affected area and reduces irritations. The compressive effect of the knitted fabric also restricts swelling.
In principle, the support can be worn for the whole day but should be taken off during longer periods of rest (e.g. sleep). But you should make this dependent on how you feel. In the event of unexpected, excessive changes, e.g. an intensification of the symptoms, please take the product off immediately and contact your doctor or supplying dealer.
The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out thoroughly.
Please note that initial fitting should be supervised by a qualified healthcare professional.
• Before you put the bandage on, stick the attached strap to the middle of the cloth-covered support. The wide end of the strap should be attached to the cloth-covered support so that the thumb opening in the bandage and the strap are on the same side.
• Now pull the bandage over your hand. The “E+Motion” slogan should be on the back of the hand here.
• Fasten the strap so that the opening in the strap goes over your outside wristbone.
• Then attach it by affixing the narrow end of the strap to the strap.
• Ensure that the support is positioned correctly when you put the bandage on. The support should be lined up with the underside of your forearm as straight as possible.
To take it off, undo the strap. Push the palm of your hand out of the bandage.Apply pressure to the inside pockets and guides, and pull the bandage off your hand.
Polyamide, polyester, merino, elasthane
Hook and loop fasteners should be closed for washing. We recommend using a laundry bag. The splint must be removed before washing. Fabric softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the material, hinder the Clima Comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Wrist injuries, e.g. sprains, distortions
- Irritative conditions (post-traumatic, post-operative, rheumatic)
- Osteoarthrosis of the wrist
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Paralgesia and circulatory disorders of the forearm or hand (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues outside the area of use
E+motion ® – medi Performance Collection – STOP DREAMING, START DOING
See our FAQ page for more help and information