M.4®s OA comfortRigid brace for varus / valgus pressure relief
- Noticeable relief for the painful side of the knee
- High level of comfort thanks to the double-layered condylar pad
- Improved fit with the movable thigh shell
Knee brace for varus / valgus offloading
Axial malalignment is a possible trigger for joint problems such as osteoarthritis of the knee (gonarthrosis). The knee joint of patients with a varus deformity have a bowlegged appearance and the pain is experienced mainly at the inside of the knee. In the case of a valgus malalignment, the outside of the knee can hurt as a result of the knock knee deformity. The varus and valgus relief can be easily and individually adjusted with the M.4®s OA comfort knee brace. The mechanism is based on natural joint movements. Experts therefore call it a varus / valgus offloading brace.
Thanks to the 3-point pressure relief principle, the knee brace holds the joint in the correct axis, so that the pressure on the painful side of the joint is reduced. Patients profit from noticeable pain relief. Furthermore, the M.4®s OA comfort is supplied with a comprehensive pad set for an individual adaptation to the knee. The double-layered condylar pad covers can reduce friction on the skin as the two layers of fabric slide easily against each other. At the same time, the knee orthosis offers an improved fit due to the movable thigh shell.
The indications, for which the M.4®s OA comfort can be helpful include:
- Severe medial or lateral gonarthrosis (at least level 3) combined with ligament instability
- Before high tibial osteotomy (corrective osteotomy) for unicompartmental relief in cases of severe gonarthrosis (brace test)
- After cartilage surgery or chondroplasty (cartilage repair)
- After meniscus surgery
The 3-point pressure relief principle supports the knee. At the same time, the 4-point-stabilisation principle ensures stability. M.4®s OA comfort acts by preventing the knee from swinging into the malposition during movement and relieves it. The result is a reduction in pain, which enables the patient to be more mobile again in everyday life. The flat and light frame construction of the M.4®s OA comfort makes it very comfortable to wear – also under clothing. The movable D-rings adjust flexibly upon movement and ensure a correct and secure fit of the brace on the leg.
- Relief of the lateral or medial compartment using the 3-point-principle
- Stabilisation of the knee joint via the 4-point-stabilisation-principle
- Varus and valgus relief can be adjusted easily and individually by relief mechanism close to the hinge joint
- Improved fit: The movable thigh shell adapts to a variety of thigh shapes, especially during movement.
- A high level of comfort: Double-layered condylar pad-covers reduce friction on the skin as the two layers of fabric slide easily against each other.
- Anatomically pre-moulded, twist-resistant frame geometry.
- Numbered straps provide easy and secure usage
- Comprehensive set of wedges for flexible extension and flexion limitation
- The movable D-rings adjust flexibly upon movement and provides that the brace supports secure fit on the leg
- Extension: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°
- Flexion: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Immobilisation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°
Rigid brace designed for relief and stabilisation of the knee joint.
All indications requiring unicompartimental relief by 3 point principle and additional physiological guidance and stabilization by 4 point principle and if necessary limitations of Range of motion such as:
- Severe medial or lateral gonarthrosis (at least level III) combined with ligament instability
- Unicompartmental relief at severe gonarthrosis before HTO (brace test)
- Cartilage surgery or chondroplasty
- Meniscus intervention
- Combined medial and lateral osteoarthritis