Lumbar support for stabilisation during pregnancy
Pregnancy requires the body to perform at a high level. The mother's growing baby belly and its associated weight gain shift her body's centre of gravity, increasing the burden on her lumbar spine and pelvis. This often causes pain in these body areas during the course of the pregnancy. Lumbamed maternity provides soothing relief and stability while supporting the hollow of the back. The strap fits perfectly to the growing shape of the belly and is continuously adjustable. The expectant mother can easily and individually adjust the degree of support by pulling on the lateral tension straps. Lumbamed maternity does not restrict the unborn baby's freedom of movement.
The orthosis supports the abdomen and counteracts its increased tensile forces.
The traction effect of the abdomen reduced by the orthosis relieves the abdominal wall, pelvis and lumbar spine and can relieve pain.
Integrated stabilization rods offer additionally relieve for the lumbar spine.
How does it work?/Mode of action
Lumbamed maternity supports and alleviates stress on the tissue structures in the stomach, pelvis and the lumbar region during pregnancy. The material wraps around the body and has integrated support slats in the lumbar region and tension can be adapted to the individual. All of this alleviates the increased stress on the region caused by the growing weight of the stomach, and pain is thus reduced.
Please wash the brace before its first use. Please note that initial fitting should be supervised by a healthcare professional.
1. Before you put the brace on, loosen the fastening straps so that the brace can be put on easily. Release the belts’ fasteners and fix them loosely at the back of the belt.
2. First, slip your hand into the hand strap on the right outer fastening side.
3. Wrap the brace around your body and place the left fastening side on your stomach, pulling it so that it is snug.
4. Draw the right fastening side over the left one, and fasten it to the left side.
5. Then release the fastening straps’ fasteners and pull these to the front simultaneously. You can adjust the tightness of the brace according to your needs and level of pain.
6. The brace is fitted correctly if the fastening is closed under the stomach and supports the stomach.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical exercise. In principal, the support can be worn all day. However, this depends on how comfortable the support is to wear. The support should be taken off for longer breaks (e.g. sitting for a long time or a long car drive, sleeping). If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and seek medical advice. The support is also suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out the product thoroughly.
Polyamide, polyester, polyurethane,cotton
Hook and loop fastener should be closed for washing. We recommend using a laundry bag. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
Do not bleach.
Leave to dry naturally.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Pain in the lumbar region during pregnancy
- Complaints due to abdominal expansion
- Lumbamed maternity should not be used if the patient suffers from an inguinal hernia.