circaid® reduction kit ArmCustomisable, adjustable compression device for decongestion of arm lymphoedema
- Customisable to patient-individual circumferences
- Adjustable to decreasing circumferences
- Easy handling - simple donning and doffing
Effective and individual compression therapy for the decongestion phase in the treatment of arm lymphoedema
The circaid reduction kit arm is a customisable and individually adjustable compression garment for the initial decongestion phase in arm lymphoedema. The garment creates a customised solution that drives decongestion and enables patient participation from the first day.
The compression device is customised to the individual cicrumferences and limb shape of the patient. As the volume decreases circaid reduction kit can be easily adjusted and trimmed to the new measurements.
Thanks to the integrated Built-In-Tension System (BTS) the patient is able to control and readjust the tension level - for a consistent compression therapy and effective decongestion.
- Easy and time saving handling – simple donning and doffing
- Adjustable sizes – garment is initially fitted to the patient´s individual circumferences and limb shape
- Ability to reduce size of garment as the limb volume decreases
- Built-In-Tension System (BTS) to set, control and re-adjust the correct therapeutic tension level – enables consistent compression and effective decongestion
- Re-adjustability of the individual bands avoids pressure loss and thus sliding down of the garment – supporting oedema reduction effectively 1,2
- Breathe-O-Prene: breathable and inelastic material with high wall-stability for high working pressure
- Latex-free, odour-inhibiting material with anti-bacterial effect
- Can also be worn at night if required
- Easy handling – time-saving and less susceptible to error
- Easy handling – can be applied using one hand
- Compression therapy – essential part of the complex lymphoedema therapy 3
- Faster reduction of lymphoedema
- Promotes selfmanagement thanks to easy handling
The compression system is designed to provide compression to the arm for patients with venous and lymphatic disorders.
- other forms of oedema
- Severe Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Uncontrolled Congestive Heart Failure
- Septic Phlebitis
- Phlegmasia Cerulea Dolens
- Untreated infection
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
- Suspected or known untreated acute DVT
- Mild to Moderate Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Impaired Sensation - must be able to sense applied pressure
- Intolerance to material(s)
- Pediatric & assisted use - must be able to sense & communicate applied pressure
1 Mosti G et al. Adjustable compression wrap devices are cheaper and more effective than inelastic Bandages for venous leg ulcer healing. A Multicentric Italian Randomized Clinical Experience. Phlebology 2019. DOI: 10.1177/0268355519858439; Epub ahead of print.
2 Stather PW et al. Review of adjustable velcro wrap devices for venous ulceration. In Wound J 2019. DOI: 10.1111/iwj.13116; Epub ahead of print.
3 Lymphoedema Framework. Best Practice for the Management of Lymphoedema.International consensus. London: MEP Ltd, 2006.