Instruction video medi SAS® multi
For postoperative use, the medi SAS multi is usually fitted to the patient while he is still in the operating theatre to avoid harmful movements of the operated shoulder when the patient is repositioned.
This process is possible with the patient lying on his side or on his back.
Instructions for using the abduction cushion medi SAS multi
- Once the orthosis has been adjusted properly by the medical professionals, you can don the product alone after the operation depending on the degree of mobility, whereby excessive strain on the operated shoulder should be avoided.
- Place the forearm with the injured shoulder within the arm pouch and close this above the hand and behind the elbow.
- Now close the shoulder strap and waist belt. If necessary, ask for help to avoid harmful movements of the operated shoulder.
- The orthosis should be worn during the day and at night.
- The medi SAS multi can be washed in cold water and mild soap suds and then allowed to air dry.
We hope you will get well soon!
Shoulder abduction splints from medi
Here you can find more information about the medi SAS multi shoulder abduction splint.
Causes and signs of joint problems
Support for the shoulder after an injury
The shoulder: a complex joint
Health personnel will make the diagnosis and can prescribe medical aids, e.g. from medi if necessary.
Your medical retailer will fit them individually for you.