Instruction video clip
The following film gives you helpful tips on care with the abduction cushion, medi SAS 45.
The medi SAS 45 can be used for either the left or the right shoulder.
For postoperative use, the medi SAS 45 orthosis is usually fitted to the patient while he is still in the operating theatre to avoid harmful movements of the operated shoulder when the patient is repositioned.
This process is possible with the patient lying on his side or on his back.
The product can be set to 30° or 45° abduction.
Instructions for using the medi SAS 45 shoulder abduction cushion
- Once the orthosis has been adjusted properly, you can don the product alone after the operation depending on the degree of mobility.
- Now place the upper or lower arm with the injured shoulder in the open loops and fasten these one at a time.
- Now stand straight and fasten the shoulder strap and the waist belt.
- If necessary, ask for help to avoid harmful movements of the operated shoulder.
- You can wash the orthosis in cold water and mild soap suds and then allow it to air dry.
We hope you will get well soon!!
Shoulder abduction splints from medi
Here you can find more information about the medi SAS 45 shoulder abduction splint.
Causes and signs of joint problems
Support for the shoulder after an injury
The shoulder: a complex joint