Omomed® shoulder support with additional functional elements
The Omomed® shoulder support limits shoulder [https://www.medi.de/gesundheit/koerper/schulter/] and arm movements and is individually adjustable with two different buckle positions. This allows the shoulder support to be adapted ideally to the needs of the user. Thanks to its design with soft knitted fabric, the compression support is suitable for wearing under clothing. The intelligent system prevents constriction by the straps in the axilla and chest areas. This increases wearing comfort in the daily use under clothing.
The Omomed® shoulder support can be used for all indications, in which at least one direction of movement of the shoulder is restricted, secured or changed, such as:
- Nonsurgical with anterior shoulder dislocation and chronic anterior subluxation
- Painful omarthrosis
- Postoperative after shoulder stabilisations
The compressive knitted fabric of the Omomed® shoulder support helps reduce swelling and ease muscular tension. The strap system limits shoulder movement and promotes regeneration of the joint. The shoulder support with its compressive knitted fabric also helps improve the body's proprioception, which, in turn, promotes the body's own guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
Besides the individual adjustment of the Omomed® shoulder support and the intelligent strap positioning, the Clima Comfort* technology also ensures a pleasant wearing feeling. The modern fibre combination quickly draws moisture away from the surface of the skin and guarantees high breathability. This means that the shoulder support can even be worn during physical activities.
*Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH.
- This is supported by your health insurance
- Prescribed by a doctor
- Limitation and prevention of injurious movements thanks to the adjustable, marked limitation of external rotation, abduction and anteflexion of the shoulder joint
- The elastic knit exerts gentle local compression on the superficial soft-tissues to limit and counteract swelling and reduce muscular tension
- Corrects postural deficits in the shoulder with accurate centring of the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity and easing of shoulder pain
Shoulder joint compression bandages with additional functional elements.
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
- Conservative/post-operative after proximal humeral head, scapula or glenoid fractures and AC joint dislocations
- Conservative with anterior shoulder luxation and chronic anterior subluxation as well as painful omarthrosis
- Post-operative after shoulder stabilisations, rotator interval reconstruction, refixation of the biceps tendon anchor
- Conservative and postoperative treatment of posterior shoulder luxation
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the arms (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
Medical device number