Limitation and prevention of injurious movements thanks to the adjustable, marked limitation of external rotation, abduction and anteflexion of the shoulder joint
The elastic knit exerts gentle local compression on the superficial soft-tissues to limit and counteract swelling and reduce muscular tension
Corrects postural deficits in the shoulder with accurate centring of the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity and easing of shoulder pain
How does it work?/Mode of action
The effect of the support:
The slightly compressive knitted fabric alleviates swellings and dispels muscle tensions. The movement is greatly restricted by the upper (white) strap, thus resting the injured shoulder and relieving pain. The shoulder can regenerate.
Pull the upper arm/shoulder cap up over the affected arm.
Pass the other arm in front of the body through the triangle of the strap system.
Pull the fastened belt backwards over the head and make sure that the shoulder cap and the strap triangle fit properly.
Fasten the two straps, which are sewn together and cross in the armpit of the healthy side, by passing the longer strap around the back and then securing the shorter strap to it. The Velcro strip should be facing the body.
Pass the white chest strap (sewn onto the chest ring) through the white loop on the upper arm specified by the doctor or technician and then attach the strap to itself with the Velcro fastener.
Finally readjust the upper arm/ shoulder part and all the straps to ensure a comfortable fit and reliable limitation of movement.
How often and when should I wear the support?
It is suitable for continuous use over a number of weeks. But during longer periods of rest (e.g. when sleeping) the support should be removed.
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
Velcro fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Conservative/post-operative after proximal humeral head, scapula or glenoid fractures and AC joint dislocations
- Conservative with anterior shoulder luxation and chronic anterior subluxation as well as painful omarthrosis
- Post-operative after shoulder stabilisations, rotator interval reconstruction, refixation of the biceps tendon anchor
- Conservative and postoperative treatment of posterior shoulder luxation
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the arms (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
Omomed® instructions for use 3.02 MB
How to use our Omomed shoulder soft supports. Date of issue: until November 2017.
Omomed® instructions for use 4.04 MB
How to use our Omomed shoulder supports. Date of issue: until June 2018.
Shoulder and elbow range 3.47 MB
Omomed® instructions for use 3.74 MB
How to use our Omomed shoulder supports. Date of issue: from June 2018.