Orthosis for immobilising the shoulder
The medi SAS comfort can be used for relieving the shoulder. This orthosis positions the arm in 15-degree-abduction. For example, this is required after a rotator cuff reconstruction (due to a torn tendon in the shoulder), after a surgical shoulder stabilisation or anterior shoulder dislocation.
This orthosis immobilises the shoulder. The ergonomic hand rest ensures early-stage functional therapy to train the forearm at the same time. The sophisticated strap system distributes the pressure across the entire shoulder and allows the orthosis to be put on and taken off independently.
New: In order to relieve the ulnar nerve (nerve on the inside of the upper arm) in a targeted manner, medi has enlarged and improved the anatomical upper arm section in the abduction cushion of the medi SAS comfort shoulder orthosis. In addition, a new, pleasantly soft inner material provides more wearing comfort. This supports the compliance with the therapy.
- Lateral positioning in 15° abduction to immobilize and relieve the stress on injured structures.
- Even more intensive, ergonomically shaped upper arm opening for load relief on the ulnar nerve and comfortable positioning of the arm.
- Active, breathable material on the exterior keeps the arm cool even when the weather is hot.
- Extra soft inner material wraps the arm gently.
- Reduction of tension in the shoulder-neck area by the option of adding a second shoulder belt.
- Early functional secondary treatment via easy-to-open lower arm pocket.
- Can be taken off and put on independently.
Shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
PU foam, Polyamide
All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications that specifically require external rotation or internal rotation or an abduction of more than 15°.
Medical device number