Orthosis for immobilising the shoulder
The medi SAS comfort can be used for relieving the shoulder. This orthosis positions the arm in 15-degree-abduction. For example, this is required after a rotator cuff reconstruction (due to a torn tendon in the shoulder), after a surgical shoulder stabilisation or anterior shoulder dislocation.
This orthosis immobilises the shoulder. The ergonomic hand rest ensures early-stage functional therapy to train the forearm at the same time. The sophisticated strap system distributes the pressure across the entire shoulder and allows the orthosis to be put on and taken off independently.
New: In order to relieve the ulnar nerve (nerve on the inside of the upper arm) in a targeted manner, medi has enlarged and improved the anatomical upper arm section in the abduction cushion of the medi SAS comfort shoulder orthosis. In addition, a new, pleasantly soft inner material provides more wearing comfort. This supports the compliance with the therapy.
Stable position of the shoulder in 15° abduction
Relieves pressure on the subacromial space
Supports ventral limbus and capsule areas
Shoulder joint orthoses for immobilization and relief
PU foam, Polyamide
- All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction, such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- After shoulder stabilization
- After first-time anterior shoulder dislocation (nonsurgical)
- Fractures of the humerus head (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- Postoperative treatment after acromioclavicular joint luxation
- Biceps tendon tenodesis
- All indications, where an abduction with more than 30° is needed
medi SAS® comfort instructions for use 1.95 MB
How to use our medi SAS comfort shoulder abduction splints. Date of issue: until May 2019.
medi SAS® comfort instructions for use
How to use our medi SAS comfort shoulder abduction splints. Date of issue: from May 2019.
medi shoulder and elbow range