Hip rotation support
The circular compression on the hip and thigh ensures the required compression of the operation site and supports the direct postoperative positioning of the treated hip joint. At the same time, the elastic tension on the thigh counteracts the usual external rotation of the leg.
The compact design of the hip rotation support limits involuntary and uncontrolled movements, and offers the patient the additional sense of security that is necessary for rapid and wide-ranging mobilisation.
The use of medi orthocox simplifies compression treatment of the leg and pelvis in hospital and during rehabilitation and thus makes a lasting contribution to the treatment results with better economy.
How does it work?/Mode of action
- Reliable compression of the operative site in the trochanteric region
- Elastic torsion force on thigh counteracts external rotation of the leg
- Moderate limitation of range of motion for the hip
- Improvement of proprioception of the musculature surrounding the hip and facilitation of early mobilisation
Bandage used for compression of the hip and thigh.
All indications requiring post-operative compression of hip or thigh, such as
- Total hip replacement
- Arterial circulation disorders
- Massive leg deformities
- Pre-existing gangrenous damage