Lumbamed® sacro: modular pelvic support for stabilisation
The Lumbamed® sacro support is used when it is necessary to stabilise the pelvis. It scores points with its modular construction, whereby the support is made up of two parts: the comfort-knit support and the pelvic brace. One or both straps can be worn as needed. For example, at night, it may be better just to wear the elastic comfort-knit for stabilisation. The modular construction allows for an individual adjustment to be made to suit the pain situation and the degree of activity at night and during the day.
The support is also equipped with two massage pads that the user can position flexibly with Velcro. This enables a specific massaging of the pain points and helps accelerate the healing process. Patients use the tension straps of the infinitely adjustable orthosis to set the desired pressure. Practical hand loops allow for an easy and effortless application of the support.
The indications for Lumbamed® sacro include the sacroiliac joint syndrome, pelvic instability or pubic symphysis separation or loosening. The modular pelvic orthosis can relieve the pain by stabilising and compressing the pelvis and the sacroiliac joints. This is achieved by the combination of elastic and inelastic material.
Further benefits of Lumbamed® sacro:
- The compressive knitted fabric can optimise the proprioception for the position, posture and movement of the body in space. This improved proprioception in turn helps the body stabilise itself.
- The support is kind to the skin thanks to a special combination of high-tech fibres and natural eucalyptus fibres. The Clima Comfort technology transports moisture rapidly away from the skin and is highly breathable. An integrated Clima Fresh function has antibacterial actions and inhibits the formation of odours.
*Scientifically tested by the French Textile and Apparel Institute (IFTH). The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an excellent total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Prescribed by a doctor
- This is supported by your health insurance
- Pain relief is achieved via stabilisation of the pelvis and iliosacral joints via circumferential compression)
- Targeted massaging of the painful areas and acceleration of the healing process thanks to flexibly positionable pads
Brace for stabilisation of the pelvis
Band: Polyamide, polyester, elastane, viscose
All indications requiring stabilisation of the pelvis such as:
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Sacroiliac joint instability
- Muscle pain and tendon disease in the pelvic region
- Pelvic ring instability
- For recurring muscle and tendon disease (rectus abdominis muscle, piriformis muscle)
Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
Medical device number