Hyperextension brace with cantilever closing mechanism
medi 4C flex is a hyperextension brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the lumbar spine / thoracic spine and only on unbroken skin.
How does it work?/Mode of action
- Reclination of the lumbar spine and lower thoracic spine
- Fixation of the lumbar spine in hyperlordosis position
- Effective limitation of movement in the saggital and frontal planes
Brace for relieving load on the lumbar spine/thoracic spine (sagittal and frontal limitation of range of motion).
All indications requiring a partial relief by correction of the lumbar/thoracic spine and movement restriction in sagittal and frontal plane:
- Stable vertebral compression fractures of the middle and lower thoracic and lumbar spine
- Temporary postoperative immobilisation
- Nonsurgical inoperable or postoperative treatment for tumours and metastases of the spinal column
- Axial stabilisation for osteoporotic vertebral colapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Unstable fractures of the thoracic / lumbar spine with and without neurological deficit