Provides relief of the irritated joint and improves blood flow to the soft tissue areas surrounding the joint by producing a constant compression and massaging action during patient movement
How does it work?/Mode of action
The compression of the knitted fabric causes a massage effect. This enhances perfusion of the joint and decreases swelling and effusion. Irritation and pain are alleviated. At the same time, muscular control and inherent stabilisation of the knee joint are improved.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical activity. The support can in principle be worn throughout the day. This must depend on how comfortable the wearer is. Moreover, the knee may not be bent by more than 70° when sitting. The support should be removed for long breaks (e.g. long periods sitting, long drives or sleeping).
If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and contact your doctor or specialized shop.
Grasp the support with the thumb on the internal upper end.
Pull the bandage over the knee and ensure there are no creases or wrinkles in the fabric.
To take off the bandage, grasp the lower lateral rods and pull it downwards and away.
Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
- Do not bleach.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- All inflammation or strains of the knee including post-arthroscopy and post-surgery
- Muscle and ligament strains
- Chronic degenerative joint diseases
- Arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use